Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pilgrimage again

I guess this is pilgrimage. I looked it up in the Oxford Dictionary before I left my office but I won't give their definition here. It tells what the word is. It doesn't tell what the pilgrim feels. (Of course, that's what a dictionary is supposed to do.) PIlgrimage is, to me, a journey to something holy. Holy is subjective, I'm sure and the dictionary has a entry for that word too so let me just offer that holy is something touched by God.

To me, notwhithstanding planned visits to religous sites and spiritual places there is a God touch in this journey because of the focus on meeting with a good friend. If it were not for Sidney Chang being in Taiwan we would not be on this journey. To see him and spend time with him is a God-touched thing for us to do.

Thirteen hours on a plane to travel 10,000 kms from Toronto to Seoul and then another two and a half hours to Taipei and travel time with friend Bryan Barbour and Mum and Dad and visit with Dan and Petra - well, lots of stuff to make this a pilgrimage.


And then a nine hour wait in the Seoul airport for connecting - Oh the places we'll go and oh the waiting we'll do to get there. But tonight has wrapped itself up with a successful destination of Taipei, a friendly afternoon with Sidney and a minister from India and what has to be an authentic Taiwanese greasy spoon dinner around the corner from our hotel.

Pilgrimage again.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment